|Spoiler Alert: This page contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.|
Former Student Council President, Mayumi, refers to her as "Rin-chan".
Appearance and Personality
She is 165 cm tall and weighs 54 kg. 
Suzune is described as someone whose solemn face displays a stern impression, especially with her tall frame and willowy limbs. Although, the description "beauty" would have done her justice as well.
Suzune is mature, perceptive, intelligent, and a person who is good at analysis. There were several times where Tatsuya commended her for her talent in comprehending the mechanics of magic after seeing it only once.
Suzune has thought of herself as someone who isn't a very talented speaker. While she excelled in debating, she generally refrains unless there is a pressing need. She's generally more verbose in Mayumi's company and is a taciturn individual.
Suzune is a descendant of the Ichihana family, an Extra Family that had lost their number. In her parents' generation, discrimination and bigotry ran rampant in their youth and Suzune's father was tragically ostracized in the magical community. Hence, they always hid the fact that the Ichihara Family was once the Extra "Ichihana" Family from her.
Once she reached middle school, she learned the truth that her father hid from her as well as the reason for it.
Like Tatsuya, Suzune's dream is for the Magicians' social standing to raise, freeing them of their fate as humanoid weapons whose powers are only used for military purposes. She aimed not to change their social standing through political pressure, but through economic necessity by turning magic into an irreplaceable aspect of the economy.
She believes that one major solution to this problem is the Realization of a Gravity Control-Type Thermonuclear Fusion Reactors. Her presentation topic at the Thesis Competition was the realization of a gravity control-type thermonuclear fusion reactor through intermittent nuclear fusion using the principles of Loop Casting. This is a contrast to Tatsuya who approaches the problem through a more-difficult-to-achieve-but-more-rewarding sustained nuclear fusion.
First High School is important to Suzune and she is concerned about the overall level of technical ability. For this reason, and so as not to waste talent, she motivates Hirakawa Chiaki to compete against Shiba Tatsuya in Magic Engineering, particularly in the area of hardware.
Suzune is almost always shown as doing analysis (intellectual work) in the light novel, so it is very rare to see her actually showcasing her own talents in the practical application of magic. Suzune's magic while using a CAD was described as nothing special; however, her skill at using magic without a CAD is superior to both Mayumi's and Katsuto's.
➨ Unnamed magic
- It's a form of body interference magic unique to Suzune's family and can be activated without the aid of CAD. This magic can numb the targets muscles and nervous system, rendering the body unable to move. It's a magic that directly interferes with the human body and requires a certain amount of time to activate.
- The very nature of this magic is essentially a form of human experimentation. It was once forbidden, so, besides medical reasons, usage of this sort of magic is heavily restricted.
- It's mentioned that this magic is one of the reasons why the Ichihana Family had been stripped of their number.
➨ Deceleration Magic
- Used during the beginning event of Nine School Competition.
- ↑ 'Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Enrollment' Dengeki Daioh 2014 July issue Appendix